Book Title: My Toddler Talks: Strategies and Activities to Promote Your Child's Language Development
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Kimberly Scanlon
Related BooksAre you concerned that your child is not talking as much as his peers? Is he growing increasingly annoyed because he can't tell you his wants and needs? Bring out the toys and get ready to shake up your perspective -we're going to ease your frustration and learn some tried and true techniques to get your toddler talking!My Toddler Talks, by Kimberly Scanlon and author of Learning to Read is a Ball, is a must-have for anyone interested in developing language in young children. Learn how to model and elicit language in a fun, straightforward and practical manner from an experienced & licensed speech language pathologist. Textbook theory and evidenced-based speech therapy techniques are applied in an enjoyable and user-friendly way.
Whether you're a parent or a professional, Kimberly shows you how to engage your toddler with play routines that stimulate speech while having fun.
The guide includes detailed steps, numerous examples, and play routine activities to facilitate learning and language development. Speech language pathologists and parents describe My Toddler Talks as: "a go to resource", "unintimidating and user-friendly" and "simply fabulous!" MY TODDLER TALKS includes:
- Effective language stimulation tips, techniques and strategies used by professional speech therapists
- Advice on how to maximize your child's potential without causing pressure or frustration
- 25 fun play routines designed to improve your child's speech and language skills
- Straightforward instructions with many examples to foster understanding and empowerment
- Step by step directions on how to elicit communication from your child
- Charts to monitor progress with your child
- A system to track your child's word growth
- Ways to incorporate speech development activities into your daily routines
- Recommended goals to drive results
- Ideas for troubleshooting development setbacks
MY TODDLER TALKS is the perfect resource for:
- Parents, Grandparents & Caregivers
- Speech Therapists
- Speech Therapy Grad Students
- Early Intervention Specialists
- Early Childhood Educators
- Occupational & Physical Therapists
The My Toddler Talks and Scanlon Speech Therapy websites and free newsletters have also been established to provide readers with complimentary bonus content and offers additional tips on how to get the most from the book -search for My Toddler Talks and Scanlon Speech!